Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reflecting on 2009

I sit here on the night before New Year’s Eve, reflecting on the year that has slipped by so quickly. It almost feels like it went too quickly, like nothing monumental happened. But in fact, that is so very far from the truth. Agency for Surrogacy Solutions, Inc has been privileged to play a part in creating so many families this past year – families that would never have existed without surrogacy, egg donation, assisted reproduction. My heart is full of love for the incredible women who help us (those who cannot have children the so-called ‘normal’ way) and with every life that our agency was fortunate enough to have played a hand in, our glass is that much fuller. I look at my own children – now 10, 4 & 3 and I am so very very humbled to be their mother. I never thought infertility would become such a big part of my life and while I was going through, I only wished for it to end. And now I realize that it will never end and I am thankful for that – because it has brought such meaning to my life. It has made me stronger, more compassionate, more dedicated… and by far, a much better mom. To those of you who are surrogates or egg donors – you are amazing. To those of you who are parents via surrogacy or egg donation – you are warriors (remember eye on the prize!). And to those of you in the throes of infertility right now… you are not alone. Open your hearts and allow others to help. We’re here and we’ve walked in your shoes. Here's wishing us all a prosperous, peaceful and fertile 2010! Lauri & Kathryn

No comments: